POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm Server Time
2 May 2024 09:39:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Sep 2020 04:44:02
Message: <5f72f3d2$1@news.povray.org>
Op 29/09/2020 om 09:23 schreef ingo:
> in news:5f703570@news.povray.org Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> Last January
>
> Thomas,
>
> great image, I like it.

Thanks indeed.

> There is one thing I wonder about with several of your landscapes, they
> are desolate. Is that intentional?
>
> ingo

[grin] Good point. It probably is on a semi-subconscious level. Living
in a country that is a bit too crowded for my taste (although I am in
the less crowded northern half) is influencing my choices. Also, I have
always preferred to visit landscapes "far from the madding crowd" out of
taste and out of professional reasons (geology). Last (but not least) I
am not a great friend of humanity in general...

I like to use Poser and I have made a series of scenes in the past where
the human factor was present. This has drifted somewhat to the
background at the moment. Otherwise, cities do not interest me. Maybe
little ancient villages and - certainly - ruins, explain my (19th
century) Romantic nature. :-)

--
Thomas